On previous mail server setups, I've tried to pass all mail coming into the server through SpamAssassin (The Fight Against Spam
) and it's a bit of a struggle to get it working sometimes so I've had nothing setup for a while other than some SMTP restrictions and a couple of the RBLs. So since SpamAssassin is generally geared to being run / configured per-user, I figured, what the hell, I'll try that. And it is way easier. All I did was plop this in my .procmailrc:
* ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
So now, SA happily tags all my possibly spammy mail and then for actual spam, it dumps it in the Junk folder and it actually strips the content replacing it with all the reasons why the message was identified as spam (the original message is attached).
So far so good!
Post a Comment